Doug Siggins • November 20, 2020
Cleaning Schedule : Next Week November 28: The Marquis, Lenz and Jordan Families
Greeter Schedule : November 22: Callie/Cianna (Front) Mark/Michelle (Back)
Summer Sunday School at 9:00 AM
The Whole Christ discussion and video number 12 "Hindrances Strew All the Way"
"Since we’re saved by grace alone, does the law of God have a place in the life of a Christian? This perennial question is essential to answer if we are to be faithful followers of Christ. In this series, Dr. Sinclair Ferguson expands on his book and illustrates the biblical relationship between God’s grace and our work. Dr. Ferguson makes it clear that the solution to both legalism and lawlessness is the same—a right understanding of the gospel of Jesus Christ."
Morning Service at 10:30 AM
Title: The Battle Between God and Satan - Part III: God's Judgment
Text: Exodus 9
Outline: Five Conclusions we Should Draw From God's Judgment
1) God's Judgment means Salvation for His People (vv. 1-7)
2) God's Judgment means Shame for His Enemies (vv. 8-12)
3) God's Judgment Magnifies his Glorious Power (vv. 13-16)
4) God's Judgment means We Must Flee It to Refuge (vv. 17-26)
5) God's Judgment is to Harden a Person's Heart (vv. 27-34)
Questions for discussion:
1) Where was the gospel in this message?
2) How does God's judgment mean salvation for his people?
3) Why is it proper for God to show himself off but sinful for man to do this?
4) What do we learn about God in making Pharaoh a vessel of wrath and why should that make us who believe thankful?